College expectations and the reality of a human's limitations- education is probably the best option. Right?

The hardest part of my day? Figuring out how hurriedly I have to walk from place to place.

As a person who hates to be late and hates to miss out I think the hardest thing in college for me is to manage my time. I have a planner, reminders on an app in my iphone, and I have sticky notes all over my bedroom.

So much to see, and so much to do, and I can't be late or miss any of it! The real issue on college campuses nowadays isn't sleep deprivation. There is a national epidemic of busy-bodyitis!

Realistically, there are only so many hours in the day. With the norm being balancing a job, school, family relationships, a social calendar, and your health and wellness, there are often too many things to do in one 24 hour period.

Should American public schools be responsible for teaching the life skills required to succeed in College?


All-nighters and bags under your eyes are a badge of honor among young people. I can speak as one myself! Maybe instead of repeating the same mantra: "Go to sleep early" or "Wow, you need to get some more sleep" maybe the issue should be addressed directly.

I propose teaching prioritizing and time management skills as a part of school curriculum. Having been apart of the public school system for much of my life, in many cities and many states I'm telling you right now: WE DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO DO THIS.

Maybe somewhere there is a push to teach these important skills in schools. As a 18 year old girl, having just graduated from the public school system, I'm telling you I went preschool through my senior year in high school never having learned these things.

Eh, What do you think? Comment below!


Comments

Popular Posts